Wednesday, January 14, 2015

To my growth

To comprehend something beyond my own capacity can be puzzling and mind boggling.
It can be equated to asking a vegetarian about the taste of meat. Its that alien of an experience.

Someone once told me, with each level of education i clear, i rise one level up the maturity stairway.
In fact, im begining to believe that theres wisdom lying underneath this casual remark.

My constant growth, my ever changing thoughts and believe is a real test to all the friendships that ive made. In fact, in the past, i didnt really acknowledge this aspect and i believed diplomacy was the key to peaceful friendships. Keeping friendships despite knowing it doesnt fit me was the way i thought the best to prevent hard feelings. But many incidents in the past year had taught me the hard way that i cannot defeat the ancient proverb 'time will tell'. Its true people i meet on a daily basis crossed some paths with me but i now see clearly that some of my friendships were made according to the needs at that particular time. Those were short term contacts, it doesnt mean that those friendships were worthless, it just meant that i grew past those as i evolve. People come and go, I made and break friendships as well. Sometimes, i wished people would understand this fact but then how can one comprehend something beyond them? Time will tell..

What was hard to do was acknowledging that ive outgrown those friendships and that ive got to say some goodbyes or endure a dramatic phase. Though sometimes it involves breaking some emotions, it has to be done. because only through this will i feel freedom. a freedom to be true to myself. The ones left with time are the ones i cherish a little more. they have withstood the change of time, stood and witnessed all my growth and accepted all my changes.

For now i need to be surrounded by people who drag me to the positive side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment