Sunday, June 19, 2016

7 months or so

I know im going to miss all this.
7 months and counting.
being used to doing things alone, a life apart from my parents, the initial months were about adapting.
from lone dinners to cooking for extra people, waiting till everyone is ready to go out, additional chores, the not so quiet house and similar situations.
there were sunshine bonuses too, my dogs are around, sometimes my plants would bloom flowers, the chatty kid opposite my house.
living at home means closer to friends as well. the initial excitement of having me in town slowly integrated into routine hangouts for coffee. in those catchup times, my answer is still similar as to what i was up to. it also made me realise how different my life is with other people. there is something incomprehensible to others how i have to keep reading till ive settled into the grave. there were abundance of health questions along the way. it had in some way shed light on how much weight alternative medicine has on the general public. a few taints is all it needs to lose the public confidence on doctors.

i wouldnt deny that these 7 months it brought a distressing amount of anguish in me. the anguish of when will i be called for a job. the constant questioning by strangers and acquaintances if i chose the wrong field. the indirect comparison between me and someone else who is earning money. money is imperitively important. i agree because im lucky that my parents did not kick me out. in a way i saw how money can turn anyone bitter and resentful if you allow it to consume you. it is with this stressor that ive ran down the trail into discovering realms of finance and religion. theres a fine line of balance between money and happiness. that itself is debatable. i humbly agree that how one views things are a crucial tipping point.
that is what emotional intelligence is all about.

just when i begin to get fed up with an idylic life i found an enlightening read. these days my attention span is almost equal to the short memory span of the goldfish. the book which narrates real life accounts of people living in north korea was alarmingly shocking yet invited curiosity. it gave me a new perspective on a thing called freedom. its always when youve seen the worse end of the spectrum will you appreciate the better things.

best time of my life? not really.
more like a pause to reflect and rediscover myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment