Sunday, October 11, 2015

The journey home

A small change in plan, and i was home yesterday.
Yesterday was the first time i drove on the highway. with dad in the passenger seat.
I am still alive. Thanks to all the reminders not to speed and to follow the middle lane.
Driving on a highway isnt that exciting as i foresee it to be. Straight roads all over *yawns*. 110 km/hour speed max 120km/hour.. Keeping awake is not an issue with dads paranoid thoughts that anything can happen and i will die in a crash.
I still think the most amazing thing was i learn driving by myself. The countable near miss crash incident is unavoidable but i learnt from there.
Approaching the city is the yucky part. so many cars it looks as if a school of fish swimming in a big wide ocean. Not a chance to drive faster than 60km/hour..
Less traffic light compared to melaka.

I wonder how dogs remember their owners.
I came out of my car, silent. and they come wagging their tails with a friendly bark.
Its nice having 3 furry kids greet me home. Its nice to look at them too when they are sleeping. or doing whatever they do at home.

I spent the whole day clearing stuff in the room.
There are so many junk that needs to be disposed. I said goodbye to some of my old novels. Wiped the rack clean, lined them with a nice layer of paper. At the end of the day i stuffed all my books into the shelf and i have an empty clean table to use.
I hope to read on that table.. i wonder how is it going to happen since i barely flip any page of my novel next to me.

It feels like a vacation still.
It feels unbelievable that soon i will need to practice. It scares the hell out of me when i think of it.
This is the only reason why i am reminded daily i should flip my books a few page daily...

For now im home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment